28 Jul Hawa Mahal, Jaipur – History, Facts & Timing | Rajasthan Tourism
Hawa Mahal History
The main reason behind the construction of this palace is to make possible the royal woman’s to see the city life through their windows.
- It was built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh.
- The Palace was designed by Lal Chand Ustad.
- The palace is a pyramid shape architecture and have 953 windows.
- The lattices of Hawa Mahal allows “venturi effect” through intricate pattern, which makes it cooler throughout the summers.
- In 1876, the exterior walls of the palace was painted by calcium oxide paint.
The top story of the hawa mahal offers the spectacular views of Siredeori Bazaar and over Jantar Mantar from the other side. If you are planning to visit here than don’t forget to see the small museum inside the palace which has mini paintings, rich remnants of Rajputs, which shows the royal history of Rajasthan.
Tourist Attractions Near Hawa Mahal, Jaipur-
Jain Temple, Jantar Mantar, Amer Fort, City palace, Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II Museum, Swargasuli Tower, Sisodia Rani Garden , Albert Hall Museum, Nahargarh Fort etc.
- Pearl Palace Heritage – The Boutique Guesthouse
- Rajdeep Hotel
- Hotel Sweet Dream
- Fly View Hotel & OYO Rooms
- Kesar D Villa Residence
- Balaji Palace Hotel
Timings- 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Rs 200 – Foreigners
Top 7 Facts About Hawa Mahal “Palace Of Winds”
Address- Hawa Mahal Road, Badi Choupad,