Agrasen ki Baoli History and Architecture-
This Baoli has a unique architecture & its old design makes it icing on a cake. This Baoli is 60 meters long and 15 meters wide which looks like a rectangular structure. It has 103 steps, all was made up of red stone. it is assumed that these steps are rebuilt at a time of Tughlaq dynasty. By the time, some parts of the Baoli is absorbed in water, but there exists 3 levels which are above the water level. These arched niches offer travelers to explore this site.
Some Facts to Know about Agrasen ki Baoli
- In 2012, A postal stamp was issued on Agrasen ki Baoli by Indian Post.
- People believe that evil spirits reside there, and this is the reason it is listed in haunted places of India.
- Due to its historical importance, Govt. Of India has protected it under the ASI act, 1958.
- This baoli is considered as Central Delhi’s oldest monument and still remains one the best preserved Baolis of the Capital.
- The visitor can also spot a small mosque which is located On the west corner of Agrasen Ki Baoli.
Why is it known as a Haunted place?
Agrasen ki Baoli nearest Metro Station- Barakhamba, Janpath
Agrasen ki Baoli Location – Hailey Road Near Connaught Place, Delhi