20 Oct Temple of Tungnath in Rudraprayag – Uttarakhand Tourism
Some Facts to Know About Tungnath Temple
- This Temple is one of the 5 & the highest Panch Kedar temples situated in the mountain range of Tungnath.
- This temple is located just 2 km the peak of Chandrashila.
- It is believed that this temple is 1000 years old and believed that the Pandavas built it to appease Lord Shiva.
- Tungnath is the source of 3 springs that form the river Akashkamini.
- It hosts a number of Visitor throughout the year but the most number of visitors spotted in Shivratri Festival.
It has something to everyone, if you are a nature lover and love hills and peaceful environment then there is no better place than Tungnath, apart from nature it is a destination of Ardent Devotees of Lord Shiva.
Opening and Closing Timings
Sightseeing Option Near Tungnath Temple –
Activities – This site is best for Adventure Tours, Camping, Trekking and weekend Getaways with family and friends.
How to Reach Tungnath Temple –